United States Manufacturing
Since we offer both foreign and domestic custom plush production, we have listed the differences between each below. We hope that this information will assist you in making the choice best suited for your business. Please also click HERE to read our complete FAQ page.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF DOMESTIC PRODUCTION (U.S.) VERSUS OVERSEAS PRODUCTION (CHINA)?
- Importing products (via ocean freight) takes time. On average, it can take 30 days to ship an order from our overseas factory to your door. With domestic production, the shipping time is reduced to approximately 5-7 days. (Air freight delivery is also a viable overseas option which would greatly reduce import time, however there is an added cost.)
- You are only required to pay for domestic shipping, as there are no additional import or handling fees. Even for minimum quantity import orders, these extra fees can sometimes total hundreds of dollars.
- Due to our US factory's size, we can produce most 250-1000pc orders (in some cases) within 1-2 weeks after sample approval.
- When an order is produced domestically, your money is benefiting the U.S. economy.
- Fabrics and materials are typically domestically produced. This means that your item can be marketed as "Made in the USA" and will carry a USA label.
- As is the case with our foreign factories, our U.S. factory can also produce low quantity orders.
- Our US factory can now produce custom plush designs of most any type and size.
WHAT ARE THE DISADVANTAGES OF DOMESTIC PRODUCTION (U.S.) VERSUS OVERSEAS PRODUCTION (CHINA)?
- Generally, domestic production will cost several dollars more (per piece) versus foreign production. If you aren't sure that your customers are willing to pay the added cost, or if you are working from a limited budget, this issue should be carefully considered.
- While our U.S. factory has access to most commonly used plush fabrics, there are limitations on specialty fabrics. The Chinese marketplace offers a much larger selection.
- Domestic prototypes cost twice as much as foreign samples, however the fee is 100% refundable upon order placement.
- When it comes to 100% USA plush, there are design complexity limitations, which may only be rectified through our China "skins" option below.
ARE THERE ANY OTHER MADE IN THE USA OPTIONS, BUT WITHOUT THE LARGE EXPENSE?
We can manufacture your custom plush design "skins", or just acquire raw materials in China. We can then import and stuff/finish them in our USA factory. This is a more affordable "Made in the USA" option, but at lower China pricing. The sewn tags would read "Made in USA with Imported Materials".